Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas produced by burning carbon based fuels such as gas, coal, oil and wood. It has no taste, colour or odour and victims of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are generally unaware that they are being poisoned until they become very ill and are subsequently diagnosed with it – if they are lucky.

With every solid fuel installation, we are also required by law to install a Carbon Monoxide alarm in the same room as the appliance – a) On the ceiling at least 300mm from any wall or, if it is located on a wall, as high up as possible (above any doors and windows) but not within 150mm of the ceiling; and b) between 1m and 3m horizontally of the appliance.

What Are The Dangers of Carbon Monoxide?

You May Also Like